Delivering More Than a Meal
Serving Homebound People of All Ages and Incomes.
No matter why a person is homebound – chronic illness, frailty, disability, recent surgery or other physical or mental health issues they face two major difficulties: poor nutrition and isolation. Meals on Wheels West helps prevent both by Delivering More Than a Meal to homebound people of all ages and incomes.
Our friendly calls and in-person Wellness Checks alleviate loneliness while monitoring health & wellness.
Homebound residents of Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Marina Del Rey and Venice who are unable to shop or cook for themselves are eligible.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding eligibility, or to get meals please call (310) 394-5133, extension 1.
- Volunteers deliver a hot lunch and cold dinner on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm
- Frozen meals provided for Tuesdays
- Frozen meals are available for the weekend upon request
- The meals are healthy, low sodium, nutritious and, approved by a Los Angeles County certified dietitian.
- In addition to regular meals medically appropriate meals are offered including renal meals for kidney disease, Low K meals for heart patients, puree meals and vegetarian meals.
- Meals on Wheels West will accommodate personal preferences, to some degree, including substituting for pork, fish, etc.
Fill Out The Intake Form
To start receiving meals complete and return your Intake Form or a Meals on Wheels West staff member can help you do that over the phone. Some of the information you’ll provide includes:
- Your address and special meal needs
- Healthcare provider and doctor name/contact info
- Two emergency personal contacts
Upon completing the form, please call client services 310-394-5133, ext. 1